Glycopyrrolate Oral vs Topical

Jack May on #4875

hey guys,

What has worked better for you, the oral version or topical version of Glycopyrrolate? Particularly for the chest, back and face.Do any of you combine both as well?

Adam on #5122

Before I used to sweat the most in my back, then buttocks, then belly. Then I started taking Glycopyrrolate orally and it works good.
        However, it blurs the mind for about an hour, and afterwards I enjoy the sweat reduction effect with a bit of dry throat and casual headaches.

The way Glycopyrrolate works for me is that it reduces the heavily sweating areas first, making the sweat more balanced and reduced. I also suffer from feet hyperhidrosis and didn't have ETS for it. Glycopyrrolate doesn't work for me in that regard for some reason, even if I apply it on the feet.

Ronald on #5404

I have only used topical glycopyrrolate cream. It claimed to be an anticholinergic chemical that blocks the neurotransmitter acetylcholine from getting to sweat gland receptors. Since topical is known to be milder than oral, it can be used on the face. A glycopyrrolate solution can be made up at some compounding pharmacies.

Johnny on #11138

If you're dealing with craniofacial hyperhidrosis, topical 2% glycopyrrolate (compounded by a pharmacy) may be considered as the first-line treatment. It can be applied once every two to three days. Its approved indication is actually for adjunctive treatment for peptic ulcer disease and chronic drooling but is known to decrease sweat production.

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Glycopyrrolate Oral vs Topical
Your information:

Skip to toolbar