How long does miraDry last?

Posted In: MiraDry Forum

Samantha C on #17644

I had Botox for my hyperhidrosis about six months ago and my sweats are now starting to come back. I am thinking about trying Miradry. Does anybody here know how long does the result of MiraDry last?

Jefferson on #18025

I had undergone Miradry last year and I am not sweating until now. I think it lasts longer than botox really

Nert on #18648

Clinical trials resulted in 70% to 90% of subjects reporting a “significant reduction” in underarm sweat after two treatments. Note that they did not report a complete absence or cessation of sweat. This has been my experience, too. I'd estimate that my underarms are 70-80% less sweaty, which means I no longer wear deodorant of any kind. I've had one day I'd consider “smelly,” but since there's barely any sweat to carry the odor-causing bacteria, the smell was not noticeable to anyone but me (I hope). I've started using astringent under my arms, and have not noticed any odor since beginning this practice.

I would expect 100% reduction in sweating if I undergo the procedure a second time, which is what the company, Miramar Labs, Inc., recommends (naturally). I'm going to cool my jets and enjoy my basically dry armpits for now, though. Study participants report more sweat reduction 12 months after the procedure, so perhaps I'll have total cessation in a year. Be sure to check back for an update!

Samson on #20165

Patients will need to undergo MiraDry treatment every 6 to 8 months to maintain the effects. Also be reminded that just as the thermal heat destroys unwanted sweat and odor glands, it can also permanently destroy underarm hair follicles. Visible reduction in hair will take about three months to notice. You may experience some mild discomfort for a few weeks following the treatment, but results should be noticeable right away. A miraDry representative told me that “it's normal” that immediately after treatment there will be no sweat at all in the area treated (100% dry). After 2 to 3 weeks, though, some sweating will return. This change in sweating output is due to post-treatment swelling and its dissipation.

Rissa S on #22026

MiraDry is the only non-surgical option that can give you lasting results compared to other traditional treatments for managing abnormally excessive sweating. It is painless and does not require much maintenance. The effects of BOTOX for hyperhidrosis eventually wear off—after around six to 12 months in most cases—by which time additional treatments may be needed. Having to buy antiperspirants in the meantime can be costly and inconvenient, while only reducing sweat for a short time. In addition, oral medications like anticholinergics, which control severe sweating, only offer temporary relief.

Diana Mean on #24959

I did Miradry treatment three months ago. After I finished the treatment, I felt an extreme burning sensation in my underarms that It was so hard to sleep from the pain. The pain lessen and became bearable the following day and pain finally gone after 2 days. But the swelling and lumps stayed for over a month. I have also been on medications for over a month to reduce the swelling.

2 months after the treatment, I still sweat, only very minimal. But after 3 months the sweating is back like before. It's very disappointing. I was hoping that the effect would last for at least 6 months but it didn't. I am not sure if I'd still go for a 2nd treatment.

Lian Lim on #25088

What I Love about MiraDry is that it is a non-invasive procedure that only uses thermal energy to reduce , if not totally eliminate, the excessive sweating in your underarm area. It can also reduce underarm odor.
        It also took awhile before my underarm hair grew back again and the hair strands grew to be thinner than they originally were.
        Experts say the sweat glands do not come back or regenerate after treatment, and the effects will last for good.
        I personally think it still depends and results may vary for every patient. In my case, the effect of Miradry only lasted for a couple of years.

Sharon Baker on #25700

I got my first treatment five months ago. I was nervous, but it wasn't bad at all in terms of pain . My underarms has swelling the day after but everything went back to normal a week after.
        Sweating hasn't totally gone , but it's so so much better now compared to before I had Miradry. The fact that I am only sweating with very minimal amount now is such a great relief for me.
        Hair growth seems to have been reduced, but not gone completely.
        I will have my second treatment next week.
        I honestly don't have unrealistic expectations in terms of long term or lifetime effects of Miradry. I had my first treatment 5 months ago, and so far I am all good. Hoping for much better results after my second treatment.

Hitchcock S on #28693

I had Miradry before the pandemic and it gave me great results. I am 52 and had hyperhidrosis since highschool. I would say that miraDry results are permanent, meaning that once the overactive sweat glands are destroyed, they don’t reactivate. But you need at least two Miradry treatment for great results. I personally had two and no excessive sweating until now. Each treatment took about 30 to 45 minutes. The doctor had a topical anesthetic used to numb the area before the treatment begins. The sessions itself is pretty painless. I am happy with it. No more sweats and my life is normal.

Florence Siu on #28023

I did Mira dry a year ago. It worked very well for the first few months. Mira dry uses thermal energy directed to permanently destroy sweat glands in your underarms.
        They first numb your underarm. The process can take more than an hour each side of the underarm.
        I was convinced to get a Mira dry because I watched and read lots of positive reviews about this procedure. It promised to stop the excessive sweating and block underarm odor. It only worked for about 3-4 months.
        And a year later, I’m sweating a lot again in my underarms and the bad odor has become worse than ever.
        I can definitely say that this expensive procedure does not have lasting results.

Viewing 9 reply threads
Reply To: How long does miraDry last?
Your information:

Skip to toolbar