How to avoid make-up meltdowns?

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

• Participant
        JennyDale on #810

Whenever I enter a cosmetics shop, a dark cloud hovers above my head. Other girls here might now what I'm talking about… Finding cosmetics that can tolerate this condition is so difficult for me, I tend to rant about it to my friends a lot; and then they annoy me further by suggesting that I drop make-up altogether. Come on! I don't want hyperhidrosis to control every little aspect of my life.
        Since head sweating goes hand in hand with make-up meltdowns, I try to use make-up sparsely anyway, but there are some formal occasions that practically require it.
        Please tell me what works for you, or if you have some way to stop head sweating… Finding a waterproof mascara isn't that much of a problem, but I'm looking for decent foundations, eyeshadow bases and eyeshadows… Thanks a bunch!

Elena V. on #813

Hmm, first things that come to mind: use waterproof cream eyeshadow, apply primer and then on top of it a silicone-based foundation (Revlon has a good one, and Neutrogena a lovely light one.) Some waterproof liquid eyeliners are almost as good as waterproof mascaras, so use that instead of a pencil eyeliner.

Main rule in my book is: liquid & cream > pencil & powder

• Participant
        Ramona on #975

Hey these are some really lovely tips! I stopped using make-up because it made me nervous. I have excessive facial sweating sometimes – I never know when it's gonna hit me – and so it seemed better to stop using make-up altogether.
        Maybe I should try using at least liquid eyeliner with mascara. For starters, and then we'll see. ^^
        I know it's wrong, but I feel a little prettier with a bit of make-up. Makes me slighly more confident. ^^

Liz on #6123

I use bare minerals powder foundation. It’s the only thing I’ve found that doesn’t feel heavy or run down my face. I like the compact kind better than the loose powder. I wear waterproof eyeliner and mascara and apply light neutral eye shadow. I don’t do anything to my brows because I’m terrified they will end up running down my face or smearing as I Co I wipe sweat off. The other thing I try to do is dab the sweat instead of wiping.

I recently learned about a procedure called micro blading where they tattoo very natural looking eyebrows on your face and I’m considering that. I’ve looked at the photos online and seen some in person that I would have never guessed were tattooed eyebrows .

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: How to avoid make-up meltdowns?
Your information:

Skip to toolbar