Hyperhidrosis

Jamie D. Hamilton on #5318

I am having excessive sweating issue. Can anyone suggest any treatment or solution?

Grace-P on #5512

Hi Jamie,

Sadly, there are no silver bullets that will cure hyperhidrosis, but there are effective ways that can lessen the embarrassing effects of excessive sweating. The basic one is using antiperspirants. Antiperspirants come in varying types, potency, application methods, and effectiveness. The most common are those found at your local grocery store. Depending on how much you sweat and what parts of the body are affected, you’ll need to find an antiperspirant that works for you.

If you’re not experiencing favorable results from antiperspirant, you may want to consider Botox injections. Although Botox is commonly used for wrinkle treatment, it can also be used to temporarily reduce the effects of hyperhidrosis.

Hope this helps.

-Grace

roger on #6513

hai everyone!
        i tried lots of treatment for severe underarm sweating. It is really embarrassing and I have resorted to wearing men's t-shirts so as to stop sweat patches being visible. It is also a trouble at work, when I must wear a white shirt I have considered quitting and getting a job where uniform is not necessary, however I am still asked frequently why I wear guys clothes. I have tried all the strong antiperspirant on the market and they have little effect the only thing that works for me is the Botox. I would recommend that anyone suffering badly sees your doctor about getting Botox. It really changed my life the discomfort of the treatment is far out weighed by the benefits. Thanks…

corey on #6864

hai,
        Heat, stress, physical activity, excessive fluid intake, premenstrual tension and sexual activity can aggravate the condition. Wearing non breathing synthetic clothes can increase the amount of sweating. Intradermal injections of botulinum toxin or BOTOX can relieve the condition. Your doctor can also recommend other sweat-stopping measures such as underarm laser hair removal or Botox injections under the arms. Both techniques have been shown to stop sweating. Hope this will help.

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Hyperhidrosis
Your information:

Skip to toolbar