Hyperhidrosis and Circulation

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

• Participant
        Leb on #1706

This is something of a chicken or egg dilemma.

Here's what I have been wondering: is palmar hyperhidrosis sometimes caused by poor peripheral circulation? Or are my hands cold because of hyperhidrosis? (After all, one of the main functions of sweat is to cool.)

My guess would be that my peripheral circulation is actually working too well, which is why my hands are too hot, which is why they sweat too much – to cool off.

However, I see online that some people think that palmar hyperhidrosis is actually caused by poor circulation. I don't understand this, and cannot get the scientific reasoning behind that theory. I would appreciate if anyone is familiar with the theory and would care to shed some light on this.

ShyShark on #1874

I think our sweaty hands feel cold because of hyperhidrosis, and not the other way around. And I can guarantee that this is the truth in my case.

Typically, my hands will only sweat when I am stressed, and in these cases always the following is true:
        1. First I get nervous 😐
        2. Then my hands get really hot, and my face blushes 😳
        3. Then I get a horrible case of sweaty hands – excessive sweat all over the place 🙁
        4. Then my hands feel wet and cool – so clearly hyperhidrosis causes my sweaty hands to feel cool, and not the other way around. 💡

I understand that some people could have different experiences, but in my case, hyperhidrosis is definitely not caused by cool hands.

Keith on #7528

Hi,
        I think that when one bit of our nervous system over reacts it makes other bits react as they should, but the whole balance is then out of sync. So as you say, the temperature control includes, blood flow and sweating and we feel the temperature change and the temperature control system is also reacting to its temperature sensors.

Keith

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Hyperhidrosis and Circulation
Your information:

Skip to toolbar