Hyperhidrosis Or Anxiety

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

Bryan on #6956

Hi,

I recently moved to from Washington to Colorado and the sweating started about two months in, I sweat though all T-shirt’s, jackets, and on occasion though a Thompson Tee and a dress shirt, strangely it completely stops when I smoke weed or and in the bathroom, it could be one feet or just sitting on the edge of the tub. As soon as I leave and sit anywhere else I can feel the sweat dripping down my sides and my feet and palms sweat quite a bit through out the day. I have tried most antiperspirants but I feel as if they make me sweat more at times. I just find it weird that it all stops once I get high or anytime in the bathroom. Any help would be appreciated

Nadine S on #7749

Hi,

I am not sure if I clearly understand the question but hyperhidrosis is sometimes a secondary symptom of social anxiety disorder. When you have social anxiety, you may also have an intense stress when you’re around other people. Excessive sweating is just one symptom of social anxiety disorder. You might also blush, feel hot, especially around your face and feel light-headed.

When you’re worried about excessive sweating, this can manifest into anxiety. You might have some of the symptoms of social anxiety too. Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is more likely to develop as a secondary symptom of hyperhidrosis.

Hope this helps

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Hyperhidrosis Or Anxiety
Your information:

Skip to toolbar