Hyperhydrosis and the Workplace

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

Elli on #5804

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have found this website really helpful.
        So I have suffered from sweaty hands for several years now. It happens several times a day and gets worse in times of stress/exams etc.
        I am currently training to become a medical professional which involves me writing medical records. However my condition has suddenly become a lot worse and I cannot write on a sheet of paper without the paper soaking through and tearing because of how wet it is. 🙁
        I have tried all the roll-ons for the hands with no luck. I have also bought an iontophoresis machine but felt this also didn't have an effect (How often should you use the machine?)
        Are there any other options out there?
        Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Gemma on #5836

I’ve only found that my iontophresis machine works on my hands if I use it everyday for the first two weeks and then slowly reduce it down. I still use mine 3-4 times a week but sometimes I can’t be bothered to include it in my nightly routine. I’m sorry you’re having trouble with it!

Omaro Oconnor on #5866

Try Antihydal. It's the only thing that has worked for me. In the end it's the best for me, I apply it at night before sleep to my palms and then wash it off in the morning

Lennon Mckinley on #5920

I have a big problem with sweating. ! It is really embarrassing. I can't wear sandals, can't wear shirts that I like because of the problem. When I was in the office I would get my files all wet. It is a big trouble at my work.
        Hyperhidrosis can be particularly devastating in my work environment. Dramatic sweating in the presence of peers at work, or in environments like team dinners, expos, conferences, customer meetings, happy hours, and other events, can cause severe embarrassment, stress, anxiety, and other emotional issues. Hyperhidrosis struggles me with unbalanced and random sweating that may drench clothing and footwear, damage technology tools, ruin papers, make holding writing instruments impossible, promote hiding and isolation behaviors, and degrade self-esteem at work and elsewhere.

Alexandria on #5963

I had suffered it for many years. So heres how to get rid of it by 90%. No its not 100 but i am sure you are aware of you have it as bad as I did 90% is darn good enough. Get dove clinical strength. I use the clear tone because it doesn't have heavy perfumes that irritate the skin .
          #1 dove clinical strength even tone
          #2 shower at night. BEFORE you go to bed apply generously to armpits
          #3 next morning DO NOT WASH OFF OR SHOWER
          Give it 3 or 4 days and you will notice a decrease by 80%. AS time goes on you will see 90%. Now I do not even use clinical strength. I am able to use regular dove coconut I think.

The key is applying at night and giving the deodorant enough time to absorb into the skin. Unfortunately I cannot go to the gym and them shower and then go out to eat at night as I sweat. But hey. I am happy. Hope it works for you. Worst case you just wasted $8.00 and aren't using those irritating deodorants with heavy aluminum that make your pits itch!!

Tom on #5943

Hello,

This might sound weird but I use the non scented Mitchum antiperspirant deodorant. It’s maximum strength. I started putting it on at night then the morning the following day. Now I do it just in the mornings. It’s not 100% but it’s pretty close. It’s the only thing that’s ever worked. I put it on my hands and feet because I feel like as soon as my feet sweat so do my hands. I don’t use it on my days off. Just to take a break. I used to drip sweat. I dont anymore.

Linda McConnell on #6018

I have focal hyperhidrosis – my head. I also just perspire a lot, everywhere. I'm a nurse so I am in close contact with people all day and my face just drips constantly. It's not too bad when the A/C is high. I keep my house at 71. It's embarrassing. People comment on it. I try wearing a cold, wet cloth around my neck (no help). I don't know what to do. I am capable of doing my job, but this is almost prohibiting me from doing my job. I'm sure this diagnosis is not recognized by the state disability claims office, is it. I'm open to anything people can offer.

Dimple on #6037

hello
        I have had the problem of sweaty armpits for at least a year now. It makes it really difficult in my everyday life. I feel really embarrassed about it and often find myself wearing black which is depressing because i'm a naturally bubbly person. I know i need to go to the doctors but i'm worried about what the cause of it might be.Considering that there are many factors that can cause us to perspire which are: Hot environments, General movement and physical activities, Emotional feelings, including stress, Eating hot or spicy food, Side effects from medication or surgery,Illness, as our bodies fight infections or fevers,Hormonal changes such as menopause, pregnancy, menstruation or puberty.

zandro on #6604

hello,
        Hi For me, this problem started 2 years ago. First it was very smelly sweat odour and it lasted for a few months. Now I just sweat underarm more than usually which wouldn't bother me much if it wasn't for a wet patches on my shirt. I do have very sensitive armpits so can't use strong antiperspirants while other don't help and also I'm not too keen on chemicals they are made of. So now I'm using a natural deodorant and Nonchalante underarm pads that stop sweating from showing, at least most of the time. It is problem and everybody has to find its own way how to deal with it.

daisy on #6873

Every since I was 12 I used to sweat really badly!! Would never wear short sleeve tops because it would be soaked around the armpits which was embarrassing. During summer time, I would avoid going out cause I knew I'd sweat and wearing layers wouldn't even help. During winter it would be cold as hell I'd still sweat A LOT Little by little, sweat comes out in my armpits. I hate it very much; I just roll my sleeves but its turning bigger and bigger… Even when I put tissue on it, they just torn of and still the sweat is still visible.

Viewing 8 reply threads
Reply To: Hyperhydrosis and the Workplace
Your information:

Skip to toolbar