Hyperhydrosis of the face

Kristie on #5263

Hello,
        I suffer from hyperhydrosis of the face. I have tried creams and oral tablets (unfortunately I had bad side effects and had to stop taking tablets after 3 days) but have yet to find anything that really helps.
        I am Looking for a herbal approach.
        Any suggestions?
        Thank you

Hratch on #5479

I also suffered from excessive sweating of the face. And I would say that craniofacial hyperhidrosis can be treated quite well with repeat Botox injections.

Although insurance carriers require a trial of anticholinergic medications (oxybutinone or glycopyrrolate), the treatment of choice is Botox injection of the hairline, forehead, scalp and neck or endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy.

Jenny on #5580

I agree to Botox injections. I also had excessive sweating of the face. I noticed it since I was 16 especially during sports activities in school. I tried every single treatments I know (and read), and only Botox had the positive outcome. I wish I had the money back then to undergo Botox, but anyway, it is really pricey so until you already have the budget for it, you may try avoiding spicy or strong smelling foods such as garlic, onion and hot peppers for the mean time. It also pays to manage your stress and anxiety levels. Goodluck to your hyperhidrosis journey

Marin on #5820

I used ice for facial sweating. I simply rubbing it over my face to reduce sweating. By naturally and physically cooling the face, you can help shut down sweat gland production. Essentially, you’re tricking the nervous system into believing that you are not too hot and sweating isn’t necessary.

Ian kurt on #5904

hii ,
        Facial sweating is a common problem and can be even more stressful and embarrassing than other types of excessive sweating. Even for those people who sweat heavily from other body areas may find that it's their facial sweating that bothers them the most. That's because our faces are how we present ourselves to the rest of the world, and we cannot hide the effects of excessive sweating on the face.

The first step for anyone with any type of excessive sweating is to see a doctor for a full medical check-up including an assessment to make sure that excessive sweating is not due to another medical condition or a side effect of a medication.

Kenya Zhura on #5952

Good day,
          Facial sweat is one of my worst trial because my face is hard to hide and the first thing that people see when they saw me.Excessive sweating is cause of my botheration too! I sweat profusely on the face,my makeup tends to melt easily. I end up looking tired though I may not have been into any heavy activity. It can also be a cause of my embarrassment.
          Excessive facial sweating is even worse, as it gives me the appearance of drowning in my own.It may appear also on my cheeks, chin, ears, face, forehead, head, neck, scalp, temples, upper lip, and even the hairline. Please help me in my problem in facial sweating

Ernest on #6125

Hi, I sweat in a snow storm and like most of you, I get extremely embarrassed. I have just looked into getting BOTOX and have booked in to get it done next week. which I'm not excited about but I've had enough. I am a successful businessman and am sick of having excessive sweat face on my everyday living…. embarrassing! I'll give you my honest review in 2 weeks to let you know how it goes. On a scale of 1 – 10 of sweaty face, I'm a 10 and I'm the cleanest neatest most hygienic guy I know. I'm male 39 years old and been living with this since I was about 13 or 14. I've tried almost everything but hoping the Botox treatment would be successful.

Ian on #7986

Yes, face sweating can be uncomfortable and embarrassing. But there are ways you can manage it. A few lifestyle changes can help. Me, I wash my skin regularly, especially at the end of each day. I am now also avoiding spicy foods. I always bring a clean handkerchief in my back pocket to wipe away excess sweat throughout the day. Or sometimes I wear a bandana to soak up extra sweat. While not a viable solution for everyone, it can help. If you live in a hot climate, a cooling towel can be very helpful in bringing down your body temperature and reducing sweat.

Viewing 6 reply threads
Reply To: Hyperhydrosis of the face
Your information:

Skip to toolbar