If you had Botox under your armpits, do you still need deodorant?

Randy Ray on #8427

I sweat as hell especially on my armpit eversince I was 13. I was really shy wayback from junior high and still feeling the same shyness up to now because of this stubborn sweating. It really affects my everyday normal life. I cannot even raise my hands in class, or even shake hands when introduced to someone because I was afraid they would notice my armpit sweats. I am thinking of undergoing Botox to treat my armpit hyperhidrosis. Do I still need an antiperspirant after the treatment? Will it not affect the result of the Botox injection? And oh, does the injection hurts?

Angela C on #8496

I think you still need it for maintenance and for the scent. Botox injected into sweat glands decreases both sweating and odor. While this is a common treatment for people with hyperhidrosis, this isn't a permanent solution, though. The injections only last a few months, so the procedure needs to be repeated as necessary. So you still need deodorant in between sessions.

Mariel on #8769

Yes, of course you do. Botox will not totally eliminate sweating and odor, you might need several sessions. And the sweating may go back. So you may still need to use deodorant and anti-perspirant.

And yes, the injection hurts, but tolerable.

Jane on #9079

Botox treats the condition by blocking the nerves responsible for activating your sweat glands. It’s a highly effective treatment that’s been proven to reduce sweating by 75%. Although you are sweat-free after botox, using a deodorant is still hygenic. So I think you should still use deo after botox.

Steve on #23236

You can resume normal activity immediately after the treatment but please refrain from using deodorant for at least 2/3 days. Botox is not a permanent cure and some people may get greater benefit than others. In hyperhidrosis, Botox helps to stop or greatly reduce the symptoms. This will usually happen within two weeks of treatment and the effects may last between six and seven months. If you find that this treatment has helped you, it can be repeated, this will give you the greatest benefit.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: If you had Botox under your armpits, do you still need deodorant?
Your information:

Skip to toolbar