Iontophoresis and compensatory sweating

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

Shubham on #11621

Hey beautiful people,

I have used iontophoresis and was curious about the compensatory sweating.

A bit of background, I sweat from my hands, feet and armpits. Using ionto stops sweating by around 90% but I started sweating from my forehead and neck and chest area. Although this sweating is less than what I had in my hands, feet but still enough to bother me once in a while.

Anyone of you experienced it or am I the only one?

Thanks for replying 🙂

Braddy on #12443

Iontophoresis is a type of treatment that can be used to relieve symptoms of hyperhidrosis. People with hyperhidrosis may undergo several iontophoresis sessions per week, each session lasts about 20 to 40 minutes. Iontophoresis is believed to blocks sweat from coming out of the sweat glands, temporarily stopping sweating.

The procedure is uncomfortable but adding anti-inflammatory medicines to the water during iontophoresis can ease heel pain and other soft-tissue injuries. Physical therapy, rest, and proper nutrition will continue aiding the healing process.

In addition, a study involving a patient with basal cell carcinoma, the effectiveness of the iontophoresis treatment was confirmed by biopsies, which revealed no evidence of basal cell carcinoma.

Kim Olins on #18253

The good news is that most people who claim that iontophoresis did increase their sweating at first say it eventually did lead to a reduction in sweat. So, if you experience increased sweating when you first start iontophoresis keep trying and you will most likely see good results. It is not known why some people appear to experience a worsening of symptoms after beginning iontophoresis but it doesn’t seem to impact the effectiveness of the treatment over time. If you experience a worsening of your hyperhidrosis symptoms after starting iontophoresis it is best to talk to your doctor so you can form a plan of action.

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Iontophoresis and compensatory sweating
Your information:

Skip to toolbar