iontophoresis and implants

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

max on #5835

So I talked to my doctor about using an iontophoresis device as an option but had later read online that if you have metal implants it is considered a contraindication. my doctor called me back after she probably google'd it and saw i was right. I then had to talk to my hand surgeon about whether the procedure in my hand would effect the ion machine, and he said it was fine but would have to come see him first, as I hadnt in awhile. My dermatologist wrote to him about the contraindication and kind of muddyed the waters so neither of them wanted to write a prescription so I had wasted about a month of bull****. I was able to get a machine from another company luckily and tried it. Didn't get electrocuted or burned or anything. My hands are about 99 percent drier easily and I'm glad I ended up just going for it. I've been doing it a couple of weeks with excellent results and i'm happy I didnt have to inject botox in my hands every couple months or have to sever a nerve in below my rib to completely hit the off button on hand sweat. Its only been 2 weeks or so but I'm hopeful they'll stay dry. I assume my implant was a material like titanium or some kind of composite that is a poor conductor of electricity. But anyone with a metal implant, i'm definitely not telling you to do it as it is a contraindication but definitely speak to your doctor/surgeon for their guidance or try an extremely low voltage to test it out in a very controlled way. But all in all, its been a life saver.

cecily casta on #7087

What machine did you get? I have a small piece of titanium in my breast and would like to purchase a machine for my hands.

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: iontophoresis and implants
Your information:

Skip to toolbar