Iontophoresis + Antiperspirant = Problems!

• Participant
        Leons on #1653

…And by problems, I mean painful skin irritation. 😐

When I used only antiperspirant on my armpits (Odaban most recently), everything was fine. Then, I bought Hidrex PSP 1000 and treated my sweaty armpits with iontophoresis. At first, it was still all fine, but when I applied Odaban too, my skin had some kind of weird reaction. It burned, and felt itchy, and got a little red (though this might be due to me rubbing it through my shirts.)

I can only conclude that, while neither iontophoresis nor antiperspirant give me pains on their own, the combination of two is bad. Why? 😕

My guess is that Hidrex iontophoresis leaves my underarms too sensitive, or too dry, or damages skin on some unnoticeable level. Then, the chemical compounds in Odaban irritate those tiny cracks in the skin. Does this make sense? I also tried Driclor, with same results. Now, I don't want to waste a fortune buying 10 different types of antiperspirant only to have all of them irritate me… 😕

Can anyone recommend a good, mild antiperspirant that can be applied after iontophoresis? Or should I adjust my Hidrex settings?

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Iontophoresis + Antiperspirant = Problems!
Your information:

Skip to toolbar