Iontophoresis Effects

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

Dee Vee on #6677

Iontophoresis is a safe and painless procedure. Some people may experience side effects as a result of iontophoresis, but the effects usually aren't serious. The most common side effect is dryness of the skin. Blistering, peeling, and irritation might also occur on the skin. Iontophoresis is most commonly used to treat hyperhidrosis disorder, a condition that results in persistent and excessive sweating. This sweating may occur in certain situations, such as during warm weather or physical activity, or without any trigger at all. It can also be caused by other medical conditions, such as hyperthyroidism or menopause. Doctors aren’t exactly sure why iontophoresis helps people with hyperhidrosis. However, it’s believed that the procedure blocks sweat from coming out of the sweat glands, temporarily stopping sweating.

brandon on #6722

Hi, I'm A 12yrold girl who is slightly overweight….I sweat like CRAZY…we have to wear formal dress so we can't wear a coat inside! I get ready and by the time I get to school I have GIANT sweat spots under my arms!!!! I've tried everything!!! every day I wear a baggie long sleeved blouses and I have to even in the summer because it so bad, I’ve tried a lot of antiperspirants for men and woman and nothing helps, I even have a dance coming up and I really want to go it’s just I don’t want to wear a jacket all the time! Even when it’s cold out I sweat like crazy someone help.

RitaH on #6886

Hi Brandon. I recommend try iontophoresis. You are young girl but you can make a treatment with adult supervision. I can tell you about my experience with iontophoresis. I had embarassive sweaty palms. I use hydrating cream for my hands, but I didn't want to used more other creams, example for my sweating. Somebody tell me about botox – would I inject it into my palm? Never!!
          I choosed iontophoresis. Sweating stop after one weak of therapy by ionto device. During therapy I felt only litle tingling. Blistering, peeling, and irritation can be occur when somebody use ionto too much, so it is necessary make it with instruction (days of procedures). You have to choose only the comfortable power and having attention to what you can use the maximal intensity. I made the therapy in my home.

James R on #7770

Iontophoresis is not painful at all, I just felt a slight tingling sensation on my skin during treatment. The electrical current isn't strong enough to damage my skin.

Compared to other hyperhidrosis treatments, iontophoresis is on the safer side. I just had dry skin. I have read that blistering, peeling and irritation may occur, but you can combat these side effects by applying moisturizer after each session.

Iontophoresis is not a permanent solution for hyperhidrosis though. You have to commit to lifelong weekly treatments if you want to keep your sweating symptoms at bay. If you travel frequently or have a demanding job, you'll need to decide if iontophoresis is a realistic solution.

Mandy on #8298

Iontophoresis has no negative long-term effects compared to many other therapeutic methods. You may only feel slight discomfort and short-term skin irritation after treatment. The whole procedure is easy to perform, safe and inexpensive, and can be used even on children. It is a long-term therapy that must be repeated at short intervals during the initial phase, although the intervals can be longer during the maintenance phase. There are no further follow-up costs after the purchase. The treatment is very affordable over the longer term.

Rafaell on #8423

Iontophoresis is the best, purest and comfortable treatment method as I used before to stop the most problematic sweating. No pain, just light tingling. Machine is very easy to use. I can control my sweating for a few months. No clinic visit, just home therapy, wonderful 🙂 I had a botox injections without desire effects.

Daniel G on #8840

I’ve using iontophoresis for almost 3 years and I recently discovered that is causing me a strange pain in the urethra. How can this be explained?

Denisss on #9006

wow, really? Which part of the body you treat ? Did you feel that from the first procedure?

Claudia on #9094

I also want to share my experience, I had 2 devices from past 6 years. Electro antiperspirant is winner, they give me the best treatment and effects what I wanted. I must had to change device because my old machine was crappy, it broke after few uses, very shame… Electro Antiperspirant still working as best as it can 🙂 I recommend it for everyone.

troy on #9109

It can fix my sweaty buttocks problem? Believe me, I felt ashamed a lot of time in public places, sitting on the any places is horrible, it can never do without sweat-soaked pants 🙁 I envy that you are happy with this device, can you tell me more about this machine ?

Dan big boy on #9122

Maybe yes, I use it for my back, sitting during driving a car is normal again. I didn't check others machines, I don't need to do that this is very effective. Swamp *ss is more uncomfortable, I feel you.

debbie on #9555

Iontophoresis electro antiperspirant is just amazing, it helps me live like before. The sweaty hands was terrified during daily activities, just big problem. Now I am happy even about small things, during writing this post my hands are still dry!!!

Bianca Gray on #24960

Iontophoresis is recommended for those who have tried many other antiperspirants but still need a stronger treatment. For those people with Palmar Hyperhidrosis and Plantar hyperhidrosis, Iontophoresis treatments have been tested to effectively decrease or eliminate sweating.
        There are many different prescription plug-in iontophoresis devices. But before buying one, check to see if the device is registered with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
        However, before trying this treatment at home, it is best to learn how to use iontophoresis first in a clinical office from a trained health professional.
        Common side effects of iontophoresis include reddening of the skin , burning sensation in the skin, small blisters, and itching.

eduardson park on #28203

I personally have been using it successfully for six years straight. I recently had itchy hands, but I don’t think It is caused by the Ionto. I took care of it by taking antihistamine and applied some nonprescription corticosteroid cream.
        So far so good. There were no serious or major negative side effects. I do it twice per week for approximately 30 minutes total.
        Sometimes I add baking soda and salt to the water because I noticed that it helps to be more effective.
        Even though it often stings, Iontophoresis has always been extremely effective for me. I’m beyond grateful.

Viewing 12 reply threads
Reply To: Iontophoresis Effects
Your information:

Skip to toolbar