Iontophoresis Machine

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

Elijah Smith on #5880

Iontophoresis machine: At first I’m not sure about buying this product, seemed too good to be true! But I acquire it. I used it for 7 days, on both my hands and feet’s, and after those 7 sessions they both had stopped sweating which was amazing. As a dancer I have to dance in bare foot at times and sweaty feet is a slip hazard for me and for the first time the other week I could dance bare footed and have grip! Definitely my confidence boost! It is definitely worth the price! It now gone for just two weeks before using again. This would really recommend.

Luke Insia on #5970

At the age of 18, having suffered the embarrassment of wet hands and feet for some time. I went to the doctor’s and I was diagnosed with hyperhidrosis. I tried many things. I researched about the Iontophoresis Machine, read all about it, thought it was bit too expensive. It was compact, easy to use, and very importantly, pain free! I followed the protocol as per instructions, and after only 3 sessions. Now my hands and feet are always dry and pleasant to touch. Im definitely happy, and a lot more confident.

Meagen Suchit on #5956

During iontophoresis, a medical device is used to pass a mild electrical current through water using pads for the face through the skin’s surface. This process has to be done 2-3 times a week until the amount of sweating decreases. There are no significant or serious side effects and the benefits can be long-term, if you keep up with the maintenance schedule your doctor recommends, which is usually once per week. If you have that kind of time and money, this could be a possible solution for you.
        At a basic level, an Iontophoresis device is essentially an appliance that sends a small current through the hyperhidrosis affected body part and for some reasons not yet understood, helps a large proportion of patients get relief from the condition.

gareth on #6542

hai everyone,
        Iontophoresis is a safe and painless procedure. Some people may experience side effects as a result of iontophoresis, but the effects usually aren’t serious. The most common side effect is dryness of the skin. Blistering, peeling, and irritation might also occur on the skin. However, these side effects can usually be treated by applying moisturizer to the skin after each session. An over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream can also make you more comfortable. People often undergo 20- to 40-minute treatment sessions several times per week until sweating decreases to a desirable level. At that point, treatments are scheduled less frequently, usually about once per week. Iontophoresis treatments must be done regularly and before sweating increases to maintain results.

shannon on #6878

This are some tips and information if you are thinking to undergo the Iontophoresis treatment. You are not suitable to undertake iontophoresis treatment if you have a cardiac pacemaker or similar device; you have metal implants in the flow of the current; you are pregnant. The lower age limit for iontophoresis is 5 years, however performing treatments on under 12's needs to be agreed with the doctor. Unfortunately the effects are only temporary and the treatment will need to be ongoing whilst you continue to have symptoms of hyperhidrosis.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Iontophoresis Machine
Your information:

Skip to toolbar