Iontophoresis is making the sweating worse?!

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

April on #5567

HELP. I've been doing Iontophoresis with a Drionic for almost two weeks straight now, and instead of it helping to stop the sweating on my hands, it's making it worse! They went from sweaty, to dripping. I hear that you're supposed to push through, but Iontophoresis is also making my hands dry and peeling, so now they're both sweaty and dry. I've almost given up hope and I don't know what to do or if the Drionic is just not a good Iontophoresis device.

Anita on #5691

Drionic also didn't worked for me. So I decided to switch machines. I then used Iontoderma iD-1000 and I would absolutely recommend it! Ofcourse before I bought it I first read a lot of iontoderma reviews online.

It's not that expensive. The first week I did three treatments because I really wanted the treatment to start working fast! I don't think it was necessary to do that many treatment though. After that, I started to use it less frequently. The effects of the treatment started after a few days. I have waited I think a week before seeing the results.

• Participant
        Andrew on #5715

why can't i post in this forum

Graham on #7400

From my experience, there needs to be waiting periods between the treatments. If it is not working, take a two week break and recommence treatment, performing iontophoresis for 10 minutes on each polarity on the following days. Day 1, 2, 4, 7, 11, 16, 22, 29. From here on only perform top up treatments if and when required once sweating recommence. The machine should not affect results massively. The other thing is to make sure the water you use is high in calcium and Bicarbonate. French waters are best. Idromed recommend Badoit bottled water.

Graham on #7399

I believe it is in the waiting time between treatments that it starts to take effect. I have been performing iontophoresis for 5 years and have acquired some knowledge now by asking the experts in the industry. The water type you use is extremely important. Badoit bottled water (or any French water) is good. They have higher calcium and Bicarbonate contents.

Jane River on #7975

Hmmm… I don't know why some of you people appear to experience a worsening of symptoms after beginning iontophoresis. But I can say that it doesn’t impact the effectiveness of the treatment over time. If you experience a worsening of your hyperhidrosis symptoms after starting iontophoresis, then it is best to talk to your doctor and maybe iontophoresis is just not for you. If iontophoresis does not work for you, there are other effective treatments for for sweaty hands and sweaty feet.

Susan L on #8108

I've also used a Drionic device for my hands for over five years with very good results over that entire period. I found the use of water spilled easily when moving from sink to table, and splashed on the dry separation areas if filled at the table or if you took your hands out for something and then put them back. The batteries are expensive and don't last very long. The current can be a little uncomfortable and if I don't do maintenance treatments every weekend or so, the sweat just comes back and then it takes me a week or so of daily treatments to get it under control again.

Viewing 6 reply threads
Reply To: Iontophoresis is making the sweating worse?!
Your information:

Skip to toolbar