Iontophoresis Stopped Working?!

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

• Participant
        Leb on #2104

Iontophoresis for sweaty hands was helping me cope with excessive sweat for a long time now, but after months and months of successful treatments, it appears that now it has stopped working. 🙁

I don't mean the device – the iontophoresis machine itself seems to be as sturdy as ever – but my hands are no longer dry. Since sweaty hands make it so difficult for me to function properly in everyday life, I need to get iontophoresis working on me as soon as possible… Do you have any idea why iontophoresis for hyperhidrosis could stop working all of a sudden? And how can I fix this? I need my hyperhidrosis treatment to work again! 🙁

• Participant
        JennyDale on #2118

Maybe you have the same problem as Vikram here:

What kind of water do you use for Iontophoresis?

Other than that, no idea. Clearly, iontophoresis for hyperhidrosis can stop working for no particular reason – I've read about such cases. You can only do your best to figure out the cause of this change in the effectiveness of iontophoresis… Any tiny change about the care you take of your sweaty hands, or any change in your household, diet, lifestyle… Maybe once you figure out the cause, you will be able to find the way to get iontophoresis to work again.

And is there a way for you to try out a different iontophoresis machine? Maybe that would help?

• Participant
        Andrew Hall on #2121

I'm using Electro Antiperspirant for 2 years and it's still working prefectly! 🙂 I have noticed that in summer I need more treatments than in winter. Also, when you use lower power, it can also affect the results. I hope this helps…

• Participant
        Leb on #2123

Hi, Andrew, I'm glad to hear you have a good method of keeping hyperhidrosis at bay. 🙂

Is your electro antiperspirant the same as the one mentioned in this thread: http://hyperhidrosisnetwork.com/forums/topic/any-thoughts-on-iontophoresis-electro-antiperspirant/ ?

Does it work just like iontophoresis for sweaty hands, or is electro antiperspirant different in some significant way? I might try this too someday…

And to JennyDale:
        Yes, I am worried now that this problem might be simply impossible to solve at the moment, but I hope that it's only temporary. I can live with sweaty hands for a while, but I'd hate this to become permanent. Well, at least there are other types of hyperhidrosis treatment so I can always hope to find the same old success with something new.

Kai on #25003

How is it going now? Found anything that works or is the machine still not working? Currently going through the same thing and I'm really worried it's permanent

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Iontophoresis Stopped Working?!
Your information:

Skip to toolbar