Iontophoresis water temperature question

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

• Participant
        Pavel T. on #1713

Can somebody help me with this?

I have Fischer Galvanic (Analog model). I bought it recently, second-hand. So far I did not have very much success with the iontophoresis treatments, but I read that it often takes time.

Still, maybe I am doing something wrong? What should be water temperature in iontophoresis? I am using cold tap water at the moment, but maybe that is the wrong approach?

All iontophoresis advices, or advices on how to use Fischer Galvanic would be helpful.

Thank you,
        Pavel

p.s. I am new and did not read through the whole website yet. This question is urgent for me, so I apologize if the answer already exists on the website.

• Participant
        Wallace Trent on #1727

Hey Pavel, welcome aboard. 🙂

I am reacting to this because, believe it or not, I had the same dilemma once upon a time. 😀

In a nutshell – I found that it is the best to keep your iontophoresis water temperature at room temperature. With me, this is usually at 20°C – but it can also easily depend on the time of year and your own home.

Isn't cold water uncomfortable for your hands? Doesn't it hurt? In my opinion, you should use the water temperature that feels pleasant on your skin – not the one that chills you to the bone!

I do not know if the iontophoresis device itself plays a big role here… In any case, Fischer Galvanic is a good machine, so you should be good with it. 🙂

Awatarko on #2209

I think the water for iontophoresis should be warm. It should also be pleasant, so you'll be using one temperature during iontophoresis for sweaty hands, but another one for sweaty feet and you'll especially be careful when treating your underarms! I can't imagine iontophoresis on underarms with cold water. Lol. That would be unpleasant at the very least.

I don't think that water temperature is affecting the success of the treatments, though. It's probably something else. Have you figured out what by now? If not, I'll see if I can think of something useful that might help you.

Just for reference: I also use Fischer Galvanic. In my case it's iontophoresis for sweaty hands with warm water, at 17 mA, 20 minutes, 3 times a week. I have had some success and I hope my excessive sweat will vanish someday.

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Iontophoresis water temperature question
Your information:

Skip to toolbar