Iontophoresis Side Effects Concerns

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

• Participant
        Ron Lu on #3929

Hello,

I'm starting my Iontophoresis treatment using the Fischer MD-1a this week.

As a life long heavy heavy “sweater” I'm really concerned about the long term side effects. Hyperhidrosis is an internal issue not a hands/feet issue. Playing devils advocate, our body releases a torrent of sweat to our extremities for a reason and when that torrent is blocked, where does all the sweat go?

I've read some very promising reviews about Iontophrensis so I will try it again.

Does anyone have any follow up and any side effects? When you feel the urge to sweat what happens?

Blessings,
        Ronin`

• Participant
        Sophia Lewis on #3936

You will get compensatory sweating. I get it in the back mostly.

ciri on #4455

I have used iontophoresis, which is generally a mild shock therapy on my hands. I have severe hyperhidrosis and Reynaud's disease. So not only do my hands dripped sweat, but they also turn bright red and swell really bad, too. However, I feel like the iontophoresis, which was effective for me for not only the sweating, but the swelling and redness as well, is now causing me to have heart problems.

I am really worried and I have been really depressed because I have quit using my “Fisher Galvanic Unit” and my hands now have returned to their embarrassing and debilitating state. Anyone else having side effects from iontophoresis? Anyone know any other treatments besides Botox and surgery that may be effective?????

Sally Kim on #25699

For most people, using Iontophoresis once a week for about 20 minutes is already enough.
        For some, they use Iontophoresis twice a day for 2-4 weeks.
        One can perform Iontophoresis treatment as many times as necessary.
        In most cases, Iontophoresis takes at least 2 weeks of consistent use before you can finally see results.
        But before you try using Iontophoresis treatment, be sure to be honest with your doctor. To avoid other serious problems, before considering Iontophoresis, It's best to tell your doctor if you are Pregnant, have a heart condition, has epilepsy, have a pacemaker or other metal implants in your body, and other medical conditions.
        Your doctor may advise you to use other options in treating your Hyperhidrosis.

Matthew H on #28694

Side effects are minimal and most patients have no problems with iontophoresis. There is a temporary tingling sensation during and after treatment. A harmless, but uncomfortable electrical shock may occur if the patient suddenly stops treatment (for example by removing a hand). The skin can become too dry and cracked.

Val Walter on #27938

Well, there are no side effects of Iontophoresis until unless you give unbearable amount of current that can cause skin injury or serious burn.
        Speaking only from my personal experience, I found that Iontophoresis is the best option for you to use as treatment of your hand and feet hyperhidrosis based on these following reasons:
        • It is safer. There are no bad side effects.
        • It is convenient. You can do the treatment at the comfort of your home.
        • It is cost-effective. Producing good results without costing a lot of money most especially in the long run.
        Iontophoresis gave me the relief that I was so desperately looking for.

Viewing 5 reply threads
Reply To: Iontophoresis Side Effects Concerns
Your information: