It hurts. :(

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

Jennifer on #2941

I'm using Fisher MD-2. On Md2 setting. I've done it 4x. It's really painful. Almost unbearable. Any suggestions? We have hard water…but we also have a softener. Our pets stainless steel bowls get white marks, so I'm not sure if that's mineral related. So far I'm not noticing results either. 🙁

Steve on #2956

Try using distilled water. That's is water with all minerals removed. It's available at grocery stores for like $0.60 a gallon. I'm not familiar with your machine. But I researched the DIY set-up explained on this site. They recommend a 12 volt 7 amp DC (constant direct current)lantern battery. What I found through research is that a constant current of 0.5 amps to 2.0 amps is ideal for iontophoresis treatment and will minimize burn. The DIY set up draws about 1.16 amps in a 10 minute treatment session (7 amps per hour/6 X 10 minute segments). So try lowering the amp setting on your machine until it is tolerable. If you must use a really low amp setting then you should extend your treatment session accordingly. Perhaps your machine guide explains this? The real key is the electrical resistance of your set up; how freely the current flows through it. The value of Your expensive machine is that it should manage this effectively. But it just may be that your skin has a lower than average resistance allowing current to flow easier. Or as you suspect your water may just conduct electricity better, so the distilled water may lower this. Good luck.

Jhamille on #3439

I also used the same, yes, really painful.

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: It hurts. :(
Your information:

Skip to toolbar