Just started using home made iontophoresis device

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

Cherry on #3404

I made a very simple iontophoresis device, I just used two connected 9v batteries, alligator clip wires and two plastic bowls. My hands get tingly and can feel very itchy during the treatment and they itch for a few minutes after finishing the treatment. Is it normal? For those who have made their own machine, how well did it work and how long before your hands stopped sweating completely or almost completely?

rochelle on #3418

Hi Cherry,

I did have some success with a homemade machine. The first time I experienced dryness, I did about 10 minutes on each polarity for 10 days. A couple of days after I stopped treatments I was really dry, I let it run its course to see how long this would last and I was dry for about 3 weeks, then it started to come back on the fingers and center of the palm, eventually it was completely back.

I guess it's all about finding a way to keep up the dryness with top-up treatments. I used two metal pie dishes attached by wires and crock clips to 3 or 4 6V batteries, sometimes I had better results with 24V, sometimes 18V was better. For the itchiness, I used vaseline on the waterline and any cuts to ease the stinging.

Goodluck!
        Rochelle

Ruffalyn on #3460

Works well on me. It took about 3 weeks

Jeremias Morden on #3517

Hello Cherry,

I have no idea how severe your hyperhidrosis is. I have them in my hands and feet, but im more concerned with my hands since it affects my daily life the most. I used to make my own iontophoresis device as well, added salt and other stuff. It did not work for me at all, it might have helped a LITTLE bit, but it's just as bad because those homemade devices have low amperage. I eventually bought the idromed 5 DC and it's much better, my hands doesn't sweat at all now. When you do the treatments for the first time, it'll take quite a few times, took maybe 15 treatments to see the results. My advice to you is, just bite the bullet and buy the real thing. It's a small price to pay for a life changing experience.

Hope this helps.

-Jeremy

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Just started using home made iontophoresis device
Your information:

Skip to toolbar