I live in South Texas, will iontophoresis work?

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

Jane Stanley on #4241

I'm drowning! I've already asked soooo MANY doctors about my excessive sweating. There is not a single pore on my body that does not sweat profusely! Name it from my hair to my feet. If the temperature is over 70'F, and humidity over 40%, I'm DRIPPING! I also sweat inside my ears and nose! This has been an issue for years but now getting worse. I can't find any doctor to even talk about it. Worst part is that I live in South Texas! Has anyone of you even heard of this extreme of the condition? Will iontophoresis work in this case?

Moe Sang on #4347

Hi folk.

Yes it is! Iontophoresis is a procedure used to treat excessive sweating, no matter where you live.

The procedure basically involves one or a series of short, 10- to 20-minute sessions in the doctor's office during which a light electrical current is passed through water into the feet. The current is gradually increased until the patient experiences a slight tingling sensation. The technique is based on the principle that an electric potential will cause ions in solution to migrate according to their electrical charges. It is believed, although not clinically proven, that this process plugs up the sweat glands.

Best,

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: I live in South Texas, will iontophoresis work?
Your information:

Skip to toolbar