How not getting shocked with polarity?

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

Sweatless on #3911

Hello everybody! I started today the first treatment with homemade iontophoresis. I've read people who say that polarity have to be changed after 10 mins or so. I did 15 min with plus pole on left hand, then I changed the polarity and when I wanted to get my hands into the water I got shocked, this happened several times I tried to do that and it's not even comfortable. So I reversed polarity back as it was and tried to continue some 15 mins more with plus pole on left hand, but I got shocked again. So… is this happening to anyone else when reversing polarity? I'm doing this with 16V aprox. (two rechargeable batteries of 9V each one that comes 8.4V)

I also have some burn marks where the water level was. My fingers were almost all covered up. Is this the right water level? My fingers sweat a lot, so I don't know if it's necessary to cover them up completely.

I'd appreciate any help.

Rosy on #3985

Hi,

If you don't have a science background, then try to find a trusted person to help you set up your machine and show you the basic safety requirements of setting up and using the batteries and clips, and recharging the batteries. You must use stainless steel bowls for holding the water and putting your hands/feet in. It is important that you never let the stainless steel bowls touch each other while you are using your machine – it can be easy for them to creep close to each other if you are doing the treatment.

If you get good results from your home iontophoresis machine and then it suddenly seems to no longer work, check your batteries – have they run out? You will need to buy a separate device for testing your batteries and you will need a recharger to recharge them.

I personally found that reversing the polarity half way through a treatment is not needed. For me, reversing the polarity gave me a mild shock in my legs, which I didn't like. So I stopped reversing the polarity, and the iontophoresis still works.

-Rosy

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: How not getting shocked with polarity?
Your information:

Skip to toolbar