Probanthine Usage and Effectiveness

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

Craig on #4765

Hi people,

I have suffered from Hyperhydrosis for a number of years and am still struggling. I find that my chest and lower back are my worst areas although my entire body does suffer.

Last year my doctor prescibed Probanthine. I didn't take it for a while as it wasn't hot but as we're heading towards summer I've started to take it again. Personally I find it's effectiveness hit or miss. Sometimes it's an improvement and other times it does nothing.

My questions are this.

1.) Does anyone know if I can stop and start Probanthine? e.g. just take it on days that I think I will need to? Or will this limit it's effectiveness? Should I take it every day during the summmer regardless of what the weather will be like?

2.) I read somewhere that Oxybutynin was a better solution for many people. Do any other people have any opinions on this?

Keith on #7541

Hi,
        I have been prescribed Pro-banthine for 12 years. You need to take two 15mg at a time and at least half hour before eating. Lasts about 3 hours
        I take four when I wake up, but this is too much for most people.
        Take when necessary.
        Don’t think there is any problem starting and stopping if it helps you.
        I also have Oxybutynine patch to give 24 hour cover also.
        Best wishes
        Keith

Clare on #20090

Hi. I have been taking oxybutynin for a couple of months. I started on 2.5mg once a day and then increased to twice a day. Now I have 2.5mg in a morning and 5mg at night. I really haven't seen much difference to be honest and I have a constant dry mouth and dry eyes and passing urine takes longer. I'm persevering until I finish the next box, as I paid privately for it. I hope it will suddenly begin to work but I'm not holding out much hope.

I was also prescribed pro banthine but did not collect it as it said can cause dangerous overheating when working out and my head only sweats when I work out so I wasn't willing to take that risk.

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Probanthine Usage and Effectiveness
Your information:

Skip to toolbar