Smell from sweating so much

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

Anna on #6664

Hi so I am actually pretty young (17) and I have had hyperhyydrosis ever since middle school. I have been to the doctor on so many occasions and have tried multiple clinical antiperspirants and have even gotten the Botox treatment. They gave me a pill (glyco something I can’t remember) and it has worked pretty well. I kind of just have an issue with the smelling part because my excessive sweating is in my armpits and I put on an RXCESSIVE amount of deodorant on the daily because of my insecurity of a bad smell coming with me sweating so much. I kind of just wanted to know if anyone else had this smelling issue because it makes me so insecure and I also have social anxiety and I get really insecure around people because I feel like I always see them cover their nose around me or not stand too close. It’s so embarrassing and I can’t explain to everyone “oh I have hyperhydrosis, I’m not unhygienic and don’t shower or something” ugghh idk does anyone else have a similar issue :-/

AD on #6957

I have those exact same thoughts! I have some OCD too, which probably accentuates it. I often keep my jacket on or wear a thick sweatshirt if I know I'll need to sit next to someone and I think about it the entire time anyone is near me.

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Smell from sweating so much
Your information:

Skip to toolbar