Started Iontophoresis..sweating more

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

Abhi on #5862

HI guys.. i have started using iontophresis for the last 5 days and i have noticed my hands are sweating more than before. is it a concern?? should i continue doing it? is it common??

ruel on #6543

hello abhi,
        When being used as a treatment for hyperhidrosis, iontophoresis is often performed at a doctor’s office. However, you may be able to perform the treatments at home if you purchase the machine. The treatment process is fairly simple. You’ll place the affected body part in a basin of water. Your doctor or another healthcare provider will then turn on the machine and increase the current until you feel a slight tingling sensation on your skin. This shouldn’t cause any pain. Most iontophoresis sessions for hyperhidrosis last 25 to 45 minutes. However, you’ll likely need more than one session to notice a change in your symptoms. Some people with hyperhidrosis require treatments on a regular basis. Your doctor will schedule a series of sessions based on your symptoms. They may recommend that you buy a portable machine to use at home.hope this would help.

miguel on #6638

Hi,
        I have honestly tried almost everything out there and have seen several doctors that have yet to help. I actually started using tees product as well (I found them online) and have noticed that it really absorbs my underarm sweat issues and it really prevents from staining my clothing. I suggest others to try these underarm pads as well hope it works for others as well. Extremely comfortable and support and allows complete movement without any restriction. It doesn't hold odor and it keeps me comfortable all day long even if I work overtime.

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Started Iontophoresis..sweating more
Your information:

Skip to toolbar