My Sweat Story… Dripping sweat

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

RJ Shaun on #4238

Since I was 16 I sweat in my palms and pits, and worst, I had sweat marks all the way to my waist! At 20 I got ETS surgery. It dramatically stopped the sweating in my palms, but a year later the underarm sweating returned, and I started to suffer from severe compensatory sweating all over the body –abdomen, back, chest, butt, thighs, and feet. It completely ruined my life. I totally regret that I had undergone ETS surgery and wish I had never done it. Botox and iontophoresis help, but they just work on certain areas. The thing is, it doesn't stop the problem–the rest of my body stays the same: Dripping sweat.

Amanda on #4296

We share the same situation. As a child, it didn’t really affect me much but when I was in high school I became self-conscious about it and tried to avoid social situations where people might notice my excessive sweating. And the worst part is not having control over. Hyperhidrosis makes me reluctant to do things that would expose my condition – things like dancing, holding hands, and shaking hands. How I wish I could do these things without worrying about sweating. If it weren’t for my excessive sweating, I’d probably be more outgoing. But I tend to be shy because I don’t know what other people are going to think of me. But then, I haven’t let hyperhidrosis stop me from pursuing my dreams – I'm becoming a veterinarian just like I wanted.

Timmy Stevenson on #4342

I have heard of many stories like this before. Many people spend lots of money on the ETS surgery and unfortunately especially on the hands and getting severe problems. Excessive sweating and your body I like to describe it much like a river. The water just continues to flow though our pores and unfortunately for us, it isn't like normal people. It's at a intense and alarming rate. When you use something like a product with a high concentration of aluminum or an ETS surgery, it acts as a dam. But the water doesn't just stop because we make it stop. Just like in real life it has to go somewhere. So it finds other place to go, much like how flooding happens. That's why I like products that have a low percentage of aluminium and don't suggest the surgery. The thing is that hyperhidrosis is different for everyone. Someone people can control it and other have to manage it. I personally use Certain Dri for excessive sweating because it provides me comfort and manages my sweating. That really is horrible about the outcome of the surgery. I hope you can find a solution. 🙁

Alex on #4343

Hi

Try use Ditropan. I believe it will help you.

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: My Sweat Story… Dripping sweat
Your information:

Skip to toolbar