Sweating stopped, then returned 10 years later

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

marcus on #5104

I have a very strange problem that I am hoping people will have some thoughts on…

When I was in puberty I had excessive sweating on my hands and arm pits. It was a horrible time in my life, but I used Drysol to mostly manage the issue the best that I could. Luckily for me, the problem stopped at around 19-20 years old.

Fast forward 10 years to 30 years old and the sweating has returned; however, only on my buttocks (between) and is heat or anxiety induced. I have never thought twice about hot weather in the past 10 years, but am seriously hating this summer.

This is causing a massive amount of stress and anxiety so, please shed some light on this issue…

– Did hyperhidrosis ever go away and then return to haunt anyone else?
        – Did it ever return to a strange place like between the buttocks?
        – Is hyperhidrosis something that can change places?
        – Has anyone ever had stress induced sweating between the buttocks?

I apologize for the strange question…but this is my very uncomfortable problem.

Edward on #6955

Hi Marcus, I had similar issues in high school, and had to turn basically every shirt into a muscle T within a few months because of the pit stains! Same as you, it stopped right around 18/19. I'm now 31, and for some reason in the last month, it seems my hyperhidrosis has returned. It didn't change places, but stayed in my arm pits. Anyways, did you ever discover any resolution for it?

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Sweating stopped, then returned 10 years later
Your information:

Skip to toolbar