The effect of Hyperhidrosis

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

Dee Vee on #6675

Excessive sweating occurs when someone sweats without the triggers of heat or physical activity. This can have a big impact on how people feel about themselves and their day-to-day life. This may be due to a diagnose medical condition called hyperhidrosis, which affects almost 3 percent of the population. Though excessive armpit sweat isn't serious or life-threatening, it can be embarrassing that can make you uncomfortable and anxious. A large part of armpit sweat is psychological. If you generally have self esteem issues, stress, or other psychological drawbacks – sweat pouring from your pits is just the icing on top of it all. While the steps outlined above can stop, or at least, greatly reduce, armpit sweat, there is truthfully nothing better than being in a great position and having control of your life. So as far as possible consult to your doctor for some advice and treatments in hyperhidrosis.

sienna on #6871

If your body temperature regulator in your brain is set too high your body is constantly cooling itself by sweating. If it cannot come from your under arm it will find another outlet, with me it’s my back and chest and groin which run with sweat, this is also a possible side effect of the sympathectomy which did dry palms. My mother had this problem and received radio therapy; my sister had some sweat glands surgically removed but that left horrible scarring. I now fear for my teenage son who is beginning to show the same symptoms. If anyone can help us please get in touch.

ava on #6872

I’ve had sweaty armpits, hands and feet since I was 12. Since then my life has been a struggle everyday trying to find something that can help me. I’m not sure if it’s related to anxiety nervousness or simply just being hot and unable to tolerate it. I fear touching people or shaking hands. It’s a big problem for me. I always gave to keep a fan on and keep a cup of ice water so that I can cool myself and control it a little bit. I’ve used prescription antiperspirants as well as meds but nothing works for me. I even sweat in cold weather too. I need help. This is affecting my life every day.

Ella Grant on #25677

I broke in tears at work Yesterday.

Yesterday, I had an extremely bad hyperhidrosis.
        Maybe because I was too tensed while I was rushing to finish all my reports on time.
        At 2pm, I had to stop what I've been doing. I was already sweating everywhere. There were intense sweating in my hands , my feet, my underarms, my back, my chest and my forehead. I was soaking wet. I went in to the bathroom to wipe my body with paper towels until dry. I had to change my entire clothing. My under wears, my socks, my undershirts, my pants and my outer wears. I had to apply Antiperspirants again. I was so exhausted I began being so emotional. I was crying in the bathroom for 10 minutes. I can't help but feel sorry for myself. I couldn't go back to work right away because I needed to calm myself first in order for my sweating to subside too. I ended up not finishing my reports on time and I had to explain to my boss my situation.

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: The effect of Hyperhidrosis
Your information:

Skip to toolbar