The Holistic Approach?

• Participant
        Sean M. on #1919

For those of you who rely on an alternative hyperhidrosis treatment – what do you think about the idea of the holistic approach to alternative treatments that stop excessive sweating?

My wording is maybe clumsy, but what I mean is: would combination of several alternative treatments help cure hyperhidrosis? The key point is to use these treatments simultaneously. How many of you are already doing this? And what are your results?

I believe that such “holistic” approach could boost effects of every individual hyperhidrosis treatment, that on its own maybe works, but is not crazily efficient as, for example, iontophoresis for hyperhidrosis.

It would be really good if there was a way to get more out of alternative treatments. Please list your favorite treatments and suggestions!

mikey on #3503

There is a holistic approach to dramatically improving hyperhidrosis if not completely cure it. The biggest cause of hyperhidrosis is over activity of your nervous system. Specifically, the issue is over activity of a specific component of your nervous system, called your sympathetic nervous system.

With hyperhidrosis, your sympathetic nervous system can be over active even when you are physically at rest. A significant and overlooked cause for this over activity is eating foods that your body cannot tolerate. For instance, if your body cannot tolerate dairy products, whenever you eat some, your immune system must work hard to protect your tissues from the harmful effects of whichever components of dairy don’t agree with your body. If your immune system is constantly at work to deal with the food intolerance, your sympathetic nervous system detects this as stress, and activates the mechanisms that are in place to help you during stressful situations, including the production of sweat.

If you are suffering with hyperhidrosis, I am encouraging you to learn more about the impact that your food and lifestyle choices have on your condition. Understanding this connection may save you from many years of unnecessary suffering and the negative side effects of conventional treatment.

April Naber on #3589

Hi Sean! I noticed my hyperhidrosis increased when I drink coffee or hot beverages, fat foods, and smoke. By cutting these, I noticed an improvement. Sweating gets worst when I am under a lot of stress or not getting enough hours of sleep.

Myka Mayel on #3679

Try Baking Soda! It helped solved my problem of excessive perspiration. I have read from a magazine that it is a natural antiperspirant, which means it can effectively absorb moisture and neutralize body odor, too. I mixed 1 teaspoon of baking soda with enough water to make a thick paste. Then applied to my armpits and other parts of my body that sweat a lot. After 15 to 20 minutes I wash it off. Sometimes I also mix equal amounts of baking soda and cornstarch and store it in a bottle the dust some of this mixture where I sweat the most.

Ron on #3721

There is a simple method that can be done when you feel that you are starting to sweat profusely. Carry a bottle of cornstarch powder, which can be lightly perfumed with a talcum powder as well and apply the cornstarch on the areas that sweat profusely. You might want to use a tissue paper first to remove the sweat that is present before doing this to prevent clumping of the cornstarch powder upon application. The best way to do this is to first dust the area with cornstarch and wait for a few minutes until completely dry. Then apply another coat of cornstarch powder above it to seal the area. For the feet, apply generous amounts of cornstarch powder on the sole.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: The Holistic Approach?
Your information:

Skip to toolbar