The required number of miraDry treatments

Posted In: MiraDry Forum

• Participant
        Millicent W.V. on #1907

Does miraDry always take 2 treatments to stop the excessive sweat for good? I think that all the miraDry stories that I've read (on this site and others), have mentioned that hyperhidrosis patients took 2 miraDry treatments to get well.

Can I even hope to be cured after only one miraDry procedure?
        And can I be sure that I won't need a third one?

I don't think that taking 2 treatments is a bad thing, but as I tend to be optimistic, I would like to know if there is anyone who only needed one miraDry procedure to cure hyperhidrosis. It would help if my expectations were as realistic as they can be before I head off to do this. 🙂

Cecille Ochoa on #3616

Millicent, in miradry, you will see results in as little as one treatment. But as with any aesthetic treatment, your physician will determine the best treatment plan for your desired results.

Joshua on #3768

miraDry advises 2 treatments, because of some reasons – patients vary in sweat gland numbers and patients vary with the thickness of the axillae or underarms, to name a few.
        After doing this procedure for nearly 3 years as of this writing, I have changed my practice to routinely perform miraDry at level 5 and to perform 1 treatment and leave it to the patient to return for a second treatment if they don't achieve the dryness they are seeking. But for optimal results, we recommend two miraDry treatments three months apart. Undergoing two treatments will give you the probability of 80-90% sweat reduction for life.

Sheila on #3819

Hi!
        I had the miraDry treatment done for my excessive sweating. I didn’t want to raise my arms up as I am self-conscious. I had a reduction of 80%, no sweating after the first of 2 procedures (yes, the miraDry advises two treatment sessions for best results). The treatment takes about 60 minutes. The interval between the first and second treatment is about three months. The treatment was non-invasive and causes very little to no discomfort. I experienced minor swelling and soreness in the treatment area which, according to my doctor is normal and it subsides in few days.
        Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Krizel on #3982

Two treatments are recommended spaced 3 months apart. Although you will likely attain a 40-50% reduction in sweating after one treatment, two treatments are essential to achieve a sweat reduction as high as 86% in most patients. Studies demonstrate that results last up to 2 years and are likely permanent as sweat glands do not redevelop. Patients may initially note an increased reduction in sweating after the first treatment that gradually wears off because while approximately 40-50% of the sweat glands are gone, some may be temporarily stunted. That is why it is advisable to have the second treatment for ideal results and full eradication of sweat glands.

melissa on #4220

The cost of MiraDry treatments usually about $3,000 for a two-session treatment. Typically optimum results are obtained with the two procedures spaced three months apart. The procedure involves no surgical incisions or cuts. There is minimal to no downtime following the procedure. Your treating physician will likely recommend a mild over-the-counter pain medication and use of ice packs for a few days. Some patients see a reduction in sweat immediately after treatment. As with any medical procedure, results will vary for each patient. The removed sweat glands don’t grow back and thus results in a dramatic and lasting reduction of underarm sweat.

Jennifer T. on #4286

Hello and thank you for your question! Let me answer based on what I know. When using the newest protocols for miraDry, the recommendation is one treatment at level 5. With these advanced settings, one treatment is expected for most patients, potentially a second treatment depending on the patient or amount of hyperhidrosis, and many other factors. In addition, miraDry has just received an FDA indication for approximately 70% hair removal of all colors. So in addition to resolving sweat and odor, you can also see a reduction in your hair.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

-Jenny

Gerard on #4522

Some patients have only one Miradry treatment and it is seem enough to improve their underarm sweat permanently. But you must remember that it all depends on your genetics and how severe your sweating is. The results clearly are better after two treatments. Remember that with each treatment a certain percentage of sweat glands are destroyed. So with 2 treatments results will be better than after 1 treatment.

Please also note that miraDry reduces sweat by greater than 80% on average, but it does not completely eliminate it. An 80% reduction means that you will still sweat, but an amount that is socially acceptable for heavy sweaters.

Dave on #5105

Most patients requires two treatments three months apart for optimal outcomes. Studies demonstrate that results last up to 2 years and are likely permanent as sweat glands do not regenerate. Patients may initially note an increased reduction in sweating after the first treatment that gradually wears off because while approximately 40-50% of the sweat glands are gone, some may be temporarily stunted. That is why it is advisable to have the second treatment for optimal results and full eradication of sweat glands. There are some cases that will require a third treatment. This is the exception with miraDry rather than the rule.

Oliver on #5666

With just one treatment of MiraDry, I was completely dry. Maybe it is a case to case basis. I had a friend who needed to undergone until three treatments (with months apart).

Foxy on #7116

I’ve had 2 treatments so far and noticed about an 85% reduction in sweat but want to be completely dry. Is it possible to get a third treatment ?

Katherine on #8112

Hey Foxy, getting the desired dryness on the third treatment is always possible. But remember you must do it months apart. While the reduction in sweating is immediate and dramatic, people experienced an average 82% reduction in sweating. For most people the treatment is permanent and only one or two procedures are required to eliminate the sweat glands and as they don’t grow back, the sweating does not return, unlike temporary treatments such as Botulinum toxin injections. But if you did not get the desired dryness you can try third treatment within three months or so if I am not mistaken.

Nadia M on #8283

Excessive sweating has a negative impact on self-confidence, lifestyle, and overall enjoyment of life. People who experience hyperhidrosis often have to put a great deal of thought into the clothes they wear. So some people try Miradry, like me! I was recommended two Miradry treatments three months apart. The doctor say, it is to achieve optimum result. After the first treatment, I notice as much as 80% reduction in my underarm sweating. The treatment destroyed the odor and sweat glands and they will not regenerate in the future. It is important to understand that miraDry has been designed to treat underarm sweating only. It’s not meant to treat any other sweat in your body.

Bai on #9970

I had one session and it went well, I have no excessive sweats anymore.

Jeff on #10453

I had one treatment and it went well. Didn't managed to have a second session because of the pandemic. But it works. MiraDry works.

Glen Davis on #25580

It's advertised as highly effective, painless, and has permanent effects.
        The first step is injecting your armpits with large volume of saline mixed with local anesthetic. The process of administering saline and anesthetic is too painful for me. Then they apply the miraDry grid template. They then proceed with the miraDry device which is fairly pain-free. During the procedure, you will feel a little bit of suction and a little bit of heat. The entire process took about 3 hours.
        It is also important that you should take note of the Do's and Don'ts after the treatment.
        Right after the treatment, you will be advised to put ice packs to reduce swelling and bruising. In my case, it lasted for over a week.
        Avoid shaving your armpits.
        Avoid any strenuous activity, including any upper body weight lifting .
        The number of miraDry treatments depends on individual. But they usually advise 1 to 2 sessions.

Viewing 14 reply threads
Reply To: The required number of miraDry treatments
Your information:

Skip to toolbar