The Trouble With Mosquito Bites

• Participant
        Leb on #1945

We have an awful lot of mosquitoes this year, and they seem to be having a real ‘thing' for me. And my hands. Because my poor sweaty hands are (aside from my head) pretty much the only part of my body sticking out of the covers while I sleep. And to mosquitoes that's a call to feast…

So, I'm using electric devices and mosquito repellants to keep them out, but it doesn't completely work. And of course, mosquitoes in the room are especially drawn to my sweaty hands. What to do? This is really disrupting my standard hyperhidrosis treatment routine…

And to clarify: I've tried applying antiperspirant solution to my hands before I go to sleep, and the little pests still keep biting. The itches and damaged skin then make it painful to keep antiperspirant on, and it's similar with iontophoresis for sweaty hands… I would really like to avoid getting my skin damaged in such a ridiculous way. How do I keep mosquitoes off me? And please don't tell me to eat a lot of garlic…

Is there an antiperspirant that also repels mosquitoes? All that matters is that it can be used to treat or prevent sweaty hands…

Earl Anthony on #3520

Haven't heard any antiperspirant that also acts as mosquito repellent. Weird 😀

Jeany on #4408

Hi there!

As far as I know, there is no antiperspirant that repels mosquitoes, but you can use OFF lotion to keep the mosquitoes away from you. You can buy that from Supermarket or Watson's. On the other hand, you can try a lot of things to cure your excessive sweating. Try sage tea or apple cider vinegar. They really work depending on the level of sweating you have. I have tried apple cider with honey in the morning and it worked for me. Otherwise, you can try surgeries like Botox or ETS. There are some insurance companies that covers Botox treatment.

Good luck to your journey!

-Jeany

agatha on #6076

You might feel a stinging sensation when a mosquito pierces your skin. After that, the most annoying symptom of a mosquito bite is the itchiness. And because of this everytime i go into different places i always bring insect repellants. The best way to avoid mosquito bites is preparation and prevention. I used insect repellant if i am going into places where mosquitos are. Natural insect repellants are effective, but i may want to use commercial ones if you are traveling to another country.

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: The Trouble With Mosquito Bites
Your information:

Skip to toolbar