Treatment

• Participant
        Eiron Mizrachi on #3588

How can I get my insurance to cover botox? What safe surgical treatments are available for palmar, auxiliary, feet, truncal and general Hyperhidrosis?

P.S. I am doing a paper now on why Hyperhidrosis is not considered a social problem. I feel I have not learned much, and I am far from finding treatment, how to make the issue more aware, and because I am fortunate to be aware about the subject, I feel pressured on my own to be an advocate for the issue. But as I advocate, I am also suffering in this handshaking culture.How can I get my insurance to cover botox? What safe surgical treatments are available for palmar, auxiliary, feet, truncal and general Hyperhidrosis?

John Jarani on #3649

Eiron, BOTOX Cosmetic treatments for aesthetic enhancement are not covered by insurance. In some cases, medical insurance will pay for part or all of the costs of functional BOTOX treatments. The best thing to do is to contact your insurance provider to find out if your treatment would be covered.

Astro Castillejo on #3668

Botox is a great treatment option for excessive sweating and here in Canada the vast majority of private insurance plans cover the treatment. It is still best to consult your dermatologist as you may have to clarify coverage, as every plan is different. Here, the cost for treating one area such as the armpits is typically $1100-$1500, and it lasts 6-12 months in most people.
        But just because most insurance company will cover the procedure, doesn't mean that the cost will be completely reimbursed. There are several hoops that the insurance company will require you to jump through prior to obtaining reimbursement.

Jane on #3858

Hello everyone,

My doctor told me he could get it covered for me. I got approved for 400 units of botox for my hyperhidrosis. However, I only received 200 units for treatment. 100 units for each arm. I did not think anything because the 200 units I received worked and thought the other 200 would be used at my next appointment. But I thought it was odd that they did not use it on the next appointment. When I asked my doctor about the other 200 units I was told that it had expired. I was then approved again for the 400 units. Is there something fishy here? Anyone who had the same experience?

Thanks in advance.
        Jane

elmer on #6518

hello
        Over relying on processed foods and not eating enough plant-based foods, such as fresh vegetables, legumes and fruit, can contribute to body odor, as you're missing out on the natural detoxifying effects these foods have. Plant foods contain fiber, which helps clean you out by maintaining regular digestion. A green salad with baby kale and spinach that includes lots of other raw vegetables — including carrots, peppers and cucumber — at most meals helps increase your intake of plant foods. Order vegetarian tacos instead of beef fajitas, have stir-fry chicken and peppers for dinner, and add vegetables to your morning eggs. Avoid eating too much broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage, though, as the sulfur in this brassiness genus can cause body odor. hope this would help.

olivia on #6571

I'd just go to school, come home, do my homework, and go to bed. I didn't want to stay cooped up, but I didn't see any other way. I finally got my mom to listen to me and take me to talk to a dermatologist. Now I get two different kinds of treatment for my sweating and it's like a miracle. I get Botox for my underarms and I do iontophoresis for my hands and feet. I want to help other kids like me, who are going through the same thing. I hope that people will be more aware of hyperhidrosis and know that they are not the only person who has it, that it's OK, and that you can get treated. I went through so much, but I'm a stronger person because of it. If you suffer from hyperhidrosis, have confidence, feel good about yourself, and keep your head up high. I feel like I can do almost anything now. 🙂

Gunner on #6856

Other factors such as eating hot or spicy food, wearing clothes made out of synthetic materials, and carrying excess body weight can cause us to sweat more. In general, our bodies adapt to produce more sweat when we really need it. Some people sweat excessively or experience hot flushes, day and night. But only 1% of people who experience excessive sweating also have a medical condition known as hyperhidrosis. If you’re worried about sweating too much, speak to your doctor or professional medical adviser.

Viewing 6 reply threads
Reply To: Treatment
Your information:

Skip to toolbar