Which type of antiperspirant is better – spray, roll-on or stick?

Jade on #3948

I needed to know which type of antiperspirant is better. I am an active tennis player and I notice my body is producing too much sweat especially my underarm, it smells really terrible!

Jay8899 on #4025

Antiperspirants work to decrease wetness of underarms. These products are numerous in terms of different methods, fragrances and formulas. One of the main considerations is choosing between a spray and stick antiperspirant and personally, I prefer stick. I've tried pretty much every brand. Now I am using Tom's of Maine stick deodorant. It is aluminium free and also scentless, so it doesn't interfere with my cologne of the day. But whether you choose spray or stick antiperspirants, no product will make a significant difference if you don’t practice sensible hygiene habits. Shower every day and apply antiperspirant onto completely dry skin. Such habits are especially important during puberty, when your sweat glands increase in activity.

Myka Mayel on #4158

Which is better? It really depends on personal preference. Spray deodorants are quick to dry under the arm than other deodorants. After spraying each armpit for a couple of seconds, you can generally flap your wings a few times and you're good to go. After using a roll-on or stick, however, you better use caution to prevent armpit-shirt contact when putting on that black T-shirt, or else you're going to be sporting white tiger stripes on it.

On the other side, nobody wants to stand next to someone who's spraying deodorant all over the place. People using spray deodorant aren't too thrilled when they take a deep breath of aerosol spray. You will just have to try all three types of deodorant to see what you like best, but for those who wants staying dry in the sky, stick is the way to fly.

Arnold on #4207

A lot of people may not agree in this answer but if you think about underarm odor from a scientific standpoint, the biggest cause of odor is factored due to hair.
        Underarm hair serves as a large amount of surface area for natural bacteria to proliferate upon. The best place to start in your search for the best odor prevention is to shave your pits. I've done it for a number of years and use a product called Natural Groomer that comes as a stick and uses only natural ingredients that many of my peers say do not work for them. When I've finally been able to talk a couple of them into shaving, the stuff actually works! It's all about bio load and trying to mask the scent of a couple square inches of bacteria riddled skin is easier than trying to cover up square feet worth of bacteria riddled hair follicles.

Tash on #4338

My sister had this really bad underarm sweating. It got her so down that she refused to go out at weekend. She tried everything, washing with loofah's, using antiperspirants, spray, rollon, stick, name it! Until we read this thing about botox.

We looked up a few clinics and found one in California. I don't want to mention the name of the clinic as I am not sure you can on this forum. It's a private clinic. She gets botox injectables done every 6-9 months, not that expensive and it is money well spent to see my sister happy. It really works on her. I can email anyone the clinic from my personal email address if anyone is looking. Just don't give up!

Viewing 5 reply threads
Reply To: Which type of antiperspirant is better – spray, roll-on or stick?
Your information:

Skip to toolbar