Wardrobe Tips for People With Hyperhidrosis

Monica on #10163

Even if your sweating is mostly under control as a result of hyperhidrosis treatment, making smart clothing choices will help you stay confident. Try these strategies to adjust how you dress to minimize the sweat marks.

Start off with a tank top and a blouse, and add either a cardigan or a blazer, and then add a scarf if it’s colder outside. That way, when you start to sweat, you can take off layer by layer.

If you often find visible sweat marks on your clothing and you’re worried it will attract attention, it can be helpful to have an additional article of clothing handy to cover yourself up. This strategy can be used to cover both the underarms and the groin area.

Wear jeans when you can. It will be your best friend because they are very sweat-friendly. And because denim is typically made of cotton, even thicker denim tends to be relatively breathable, which helps keep any sweating underneath your jeans under control.

Jhonny on #10258

Hi Monica,

Thank you for your tips, I will really help me. Do you have anything that can be considered effective in managing excessive underarm sweat? A shirt maybe? I have this underarm sweating problem ever since I was in junior high and it really bothers me a lot. I have lost my self confidence because of it. Not only I have excessive underarm sweating, my hands also sometimes sweat really heavy. It really affects my social life as well as personal life. I am hopeless.

I wish someone here can help me, what should I do?

Thank you in advance.

– Jhonny

Jake on #11293

Hi Jhonny,

If you're looking for an undershirt to manage your underarm sweating, I suggest you to try Thompson Tee undershirt. It works wonders in hiding excessive sweating underarms. This undershirt has underarm pads that actually prevent sweat from soaking through your dress. The brand says the pads are equipped with Hydro-Shield technology that converts sweat into vapors so there's no moisture. I tried it and it works for me. Actually, the pads feel heavy when I first put on the shirt, which made me somewhat uncomfortable, but I got used to it fairly quickly. It is really worth the money.

Jake

Ryan on #13610

I had never heard of sweat-proof shirts or anti-sweat shirts until Thompson Tee reached out to me last month. They make t-shirts for men and women that have an extra layer in the armpit area that is designed to stop 100% of armpit sweat.

Sally Theodore on #27370

Aside from excessive sweating itself, the stains from deodorants and sweat combine that stays in the armpit area of any of my shirts and blouses bothers me a lot. It’s very costly to buy new shirts and blouses from time to time.
        I recently discovered these underarm sweat pads I found in Amazon. It’s disposable and very easy to use. Just peel the adhesive sticker sheet from each pad and attach it on the armpit area of your shirt, blouse or dress. It is easy to peel off from the shirt without damaging the fabric. These pads can absorb excessive underarm sweating the whole day while I’m outside. It stays and doesn’t slipped off.
        I’m also happy it’s ultrathin these pads are not noticeable when I wear them. I bought 3 new white t-shirts and have yet to see any yellow stains due to sweat and deodorant and I am very happy.

Joan Long on #27956

I recommend wearing darker color clothing, such as black, dark blue, navy blue, dark gray when going to work so when I sweat, the sweat mark and sweat stains will not be noticeable.

For those with underarm excessive sweating, you can get shirts which have built in absorbent pads in the armpits area that you can also wear as an undershirt.

You can also buy good quality stick on disposable underarm pads. This is more hygienic for me, because when I feel that the sweat pads are already soaking wet , I can just throw it away and replace with a new one.

Viewing 5 reply threads
Reply To: Wardrobe Tips for People With Hyperhidrosis
Your information:

Skip to toolbar