How effective is Iontophoresis?

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

• Participant
        Sanjeev Das on #2629

Hi Guys,

I am from India where the climate is hot and humid throughout the year except winter. So sweating is normal here, but excessive sweating from hands(palm) and feet is something i can't it anymore. To mention, I have hyperhydrosis by birth. Even the condition gets worse during winter because during this season the hands and feet sweats more. Can't grab anything made of metal. Even I can't hold my phone for 10 secs. Can't shake hands. Embarrassing!

Consulted a dermatologist. I started using an anti-sweating lotion for almost over a couple of years, but still no cure.
        Recently, I came to know about Iontophoresis by doing research on Hyperhydrosis over the internet. Found out most of the people got cured by this treatment.
        I am planing to buy an iontophoresis device pretty soon, but still wanted to ask in this forum….is Iontopheris Treatment helpful for people suffering from Hyperhydrosis?
        Please let me know.

Thanks,
        Sanjeev

• Keymaster
        Rohit on #2653

Hi Sanjeev,

Sorry to hear that you have hyperhidrosis – yes, it seems trivial, but can really hurt one's social interactions.

There are several treatment options for Hyperhidrosis. Iontophroesis is one of them, and the one that worked for me. So yes, you have atleast one data point that it does work! I get to hear from a large number of hyperhidrosis patients across the globe through this website, and in general, my impression is that done right, iontophoresis works for vast majority of people with palmar/plantar hyperhidrosis. I believe there's atleast one study that said that it works for about 80% of patients.

So in a nutshell, definitely worth a try. Good luck!

cedrick on #3410

Sanjeev, I went on that iontophoresis prescription and it is working! I have been able to wear sandals and comfortably shake hands. It really does make a difference. Keeping up with the treatments is difficult, but even when I skip a week or two, the sweating is not too bad. – Ced

Lisa on #3411

I would say that it requires dedication, but it can work incredibly well. I think of it as a natural way to significantly reduce palmar and plantar hyperhidrosis. Worth a try.

Tess on #3412

Does the machine stop sweating completely? Like do you still sweat in nervous situations?

James on #3416

I made my own iontophoresis machine using a 12 Volt battery and aligator clips + pans. I have shocked my hands daily and they are really drying up. All in all, no more sweaty hands!

Ehricka on #3442

Tess,

I still sweat in nervous situations, but I think everyone is.

-Kai

Jhune on #3466

My perspiration was significantly reduced after my third session of iontophoresis. I performed treatments once a week

Chodd on #3467

From my own experience, iontophoresis treatment is less effective for armpit (axillary) hyperhidrosis. It also irritates my skin.

Daniel Halili on #3538

The national success rate is about 70%

Vilma on #3718

I undergo iontophoresis in year 2013. The treatment is not painful but the electric current cause mild discomfort and skin irritation. Each session of my iontophoresis lasts between 20 and 30 minutes, four sessions a week. My symptoms began improving after a week. I'm very happy with the results, it changed my life! In my case it took around one month for me to be confident in the treatment, and it's possible that for a day or two you'll sweat more as the glands get more excited but not excited enough to block sweating. If you have any questions, let me know.

heart on #3753

After having a few months treatment at my local hospital and getting some very good results, I purchased the Idrostar Pro Pulse Iontophoresis Machine.
        I have lived with hyperhidrosis for as long as I can remember and had given up on there being any solution to the problem. However, with my wedding on the horizon, I started to research on the net for anything that might help me enjoy my special day rather than be in a terrible state of anxiety about it.
        I did not have that much hope that Idrostar would work and I didn't believe that anything could be that good. Having seen the results, it is no exaggeration to say that Idrostar is incredible. Idrostar worked (and continues to do so) and performed what I consider a small miracle! My hands were 100% dry (even with all the nerves and the spotlight being on me) and I was able to focus on what really mattered not some silly irritation.

Viewing 11 reply threads
Reply To: How effective is Iontophoresis?
Your information:

Skip to toolbar