Facial Mask Applicator

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

• Participant
        JennyDale on #2198

Hidrex PSP 1000 comes with a face mask option that looks like a perfect solution for us with facial hyperhidrosis. Unfortunately, from what I gather, face mask has to be bought separately, meaning you have to cash out extra money for that. And really, the only iontophoresis device that has this face mask seems to be Hidrex PSP 1000 – and this device is pretty expensive. 🙁

Is this all worth it? I would need iontophoresis for hyperhidrosis on my face. Is is worth it? How exactly does face mask work? Has anyone used it? It seems to me that nearly everyone uses iontophoresis for sweaty hands and/or feet, but treating facial hyperhidrosis with iontophoresis remains a mystery to me.

Elena V. on #2199

Jenny, first of all I'd like to point out that you already started a thread about face mask:

I would like to learn more about Iontophoresis Face Masks

So, there was really no need to open a second thread on this… But fine, we can continue the discussion here now.

Here's some info for you.
        1) Hidrex face masks are made of absorbent cellulose sponge, leather electrode pouches, and velcros straps that help fit the mask to your face.
        2) Before iontophoresis, you soak the mask in warm tap water; then you set it on your face, attach the electrodes and start your hyperhidrosis treatment.
        3) 15 minutes per mild pulsed treatment, and after 10 treatments or so, you should start having visible results. It usually takes several weeks until results kick in and excessive sweat is reduced.

In short: yes, iontophoresis for hyperhidrosis can successfully be done on the face as well. I hope this helps! 🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Facial Mask Applicator
Your information:

Skip to toolbar