Laser Sweat Ablation(LSA) vs. MiraDry

• Participant
        Saket Agrawal on #3748

I am suffering from Axillary Hyperhidrosis. After knowing a whole lot about MiraDry and reading a lot of success stories, I went to see a dermatologist yesterday to have Miradry treatment. But, the doctor gave me an alternative of Laser Sweat Ablation(LSA), saying it is even more effective than Miradry and has much better results.

When I searched on the internet, I literally found nothing about LSA. No blog or post is talking about it. Also it's an invasive procedure. Now I am awfully confused and a bit scared of having this LSA treatment. Can anyone please help me with this?

• Keymaster
        Rohit on #3800

Hi Saket,

Sorry to hear about your Hyperhidrosis problem, but happy to see that you are trying to resolve it rather than suffering silently!

To be honest, I do not know much about LSA. I will however be very wary of going through an invasive process when an option like MiraDry exists. I have heard very good reviews on MiraDry and unless there is strong evidence that MiraDry is not effective for your kind of case (and that LSA is more effective), I will not go for LSA without having a second opinion.

I am not saying your doctor is giving you bad advise.. however, Hyperhidrosis as a disease attracts a lot of commercially motivated advise from doctors and its up to you to educate yourself and ask relevant questions to them to be sure that what they are advising makes sense for you.

Bottomline – Knowing what I know, and if I were you, I will either go for MiraDry or at the very least take another opinion if LSA is better choise

• Participant
        Hannah Lee on #4379

Hi,

This is my first time posting a comment but sorry that I'm a bit late. I only just came across this website!

In response to your question, I've got some good news! I've actually had LSA done and I've been so happy with my decision to get it.

I got it done in late 2013 after suffering with HH for my whole life. I flew all the way to Korea to get it done and my relatives took care of me while I was recovering.

You're right, it is a little invasive but the actual incision is probably around 1cm and hardly visible because the scar has faded. I went under local anaesthesia so I was awake for the whole thing and even got to smell my own sweat glands being burnt off by the laser. Delicious. They just lasered the apocrine sweat glands and used suction to remove most of the area while also leaving a little bit of sweat glands so there is no development of compensatory sweating and to allow you to regulate your temperature like a normal person would when exercising/on a hot day etc. I stayed in the clinic for 2 hours and got to go home afterwards with some awkward bandages around my armpits. Recovery was pretty normal (around 2 weeks) and the pain was close to nothing.

If it is still possible for you to get it and you're still struggling with underarm sweating I highly recommend considering it because its absolutely changed my life. Rather than spending money on temporary solutions such as botox, I think its a better option to spend a little bit more for the surgery and have it permanently dry!

Good luck and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Mark Thomas Jean on #5520

I haven't tried MiraDry so I cannot make a comparison but I’d already been to the Whiteley Clinic in Guildford for Botox treatments. Mr Whiteley told me about a new operation he was pioneering, the Laser Sweat Ablation (LSA).

This uses a laser to remove the sweat glands from your armpits, so you can’t sweat from there at all. The sweat is diverted elsewhere, but isn’t noticeable.

The procedure wasn’t painful and I went home two hours later. My armpits were completely dry.

It’s such a relief to think I’ll never have to worry about those sweat patches again. The operation has transformed my life. Now I can’t wait to go travelling.

Zee on #6964

Ive been suffering from HH for more than a decade now. It’s safe to say it’s pretty much moulded my social life and my wardrobe to only Black clothes.
        I recently came across LSA,but it sounds too good to be true. I’m wary of the claims made by doctor I have met in Pune(India) Dr. Niteen dhepe. It seems that he might be capitalising on a condition that people are desperate to treat at ny cost, and discreetly.

A few questions I’d love to ask this who’ve already been through this procedure –
        1. Is there any compensatory sweating at all, even in small amounts? Where if any?
        2. Does the procedure leave visible scars in the underarms?
        3.how much should I be spending on a treatment like this?
        4. Did anyone have to go for any follow up treatments after their first?

It feels amazing to finally have an outlet that I can express myself to in this forum. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences

Zee on #6963

Ive been suffering from HH for more than a decade now. It’s safe to say it’s pretty much moulded my social life and my wardrobe to only Black clothes.
        I recently came across LSA,but it sounds too good to be true. I’m wary of the claims made by doctor I have met in Pune(India) Dr. Niteen dhepe. It seems that he might be capitalising on a condition that people are desperate to treat at ny cost, and discreetly.

A few questions I’d love to ask this who’ve already been through this procedure –
        1. Is there any compensatory sweating at all, even in small amounts? Where if any?
        2. Does the procedure leave visible scars in the underarms?
        3.how much should I be spending on a treatment like this?
        4. Did anyone have to go for any follow up treatments after their first?

It feels amazing to finally have an outlet that I can express myself to in this forum. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences

Viewing 5 reply threads
Reply To: Laser Sweat Ablation(LSA) vs. MiraDry
Your information:

Skip to toolbar